A Guide to the Importance of Keyboarding & Keyboarding Resources
Computer skills and typing skills have become increasingly important to many in their ever day lives, students included. If you know how to use the computer efficiently, it becomes easier to get things done quickly. This includes knowing how to use software programs and hardware devices. Both enable users to finish tasks on the computer, such as homework assignments, chapter quizzes, and essays. If you know how to use the computer you can also take advantage of using software programs and their hardware devices to have fun.
Computer Keyboards & Mice
Using a computer involves more than pushing in the power button and waiting for it to boot. It requires you to use a computer mouse and/or keyboard to navigate the screen, or interface. A computer mouse is a hand-held device that helps control the cursor on a computer screen. A keyboard is a tool with a series of buttons (A-Z, 0-9, and special symbols) that a user pushes to input commands into a computer. Both of these devices are needed to accomplish tasks in an effective and timely manner.
Keyboards may seem confusing and challenging at first; especially for beginners, who have not become acquainted with a keyboard's layout. The QWERTY keyboard, one of the most widely used devices, does not have an alphabetical layout. This makes it very hard to locate the next letter to type, causing beginners to type with one or two fingers. Unfortunately, typing with only one or two fingers takes a long time to complete a task. As a result, you may seek out the help of a keyboarding teacher, who will introduce you to all kinds of quirky techniques and tips that will transform you into a typing pro.
Why Do I Need to Better My Typing Skills
You need to learn how to type faster in order to complete your assignments on time. This requires proper training, technique, and practice. If you fail to learn how to type faster, then it means you will be losing valuable time and effort in completing simple tasks. Therefore, it becomes vitally important to master the keyboard. With enough patience and practice, you will excel and become the King or Queen of the Keys.
Sometimes the computer mouse dies, leaving you with nothing more than a keyboard to navigate through the computer's menu. On days like those, you will definitely want to know about important keyboard shortcuts and hot-keys. These advanced concepts only arrive once you surpass a level of accuracy and speed.
GoPromoCodes.com Pages of Interest
- Straight Talk Promo Codes & Discounts
- Free Travelocity Promotional Codes and Coupons
- Zales Jewelry Promos and Coupon Codes
Use the following resources to learn basic, intermediate, and advanced keyboarding skills to sail through Middle School and into High School with flying colors:
- Keyboard Ninja
- Keyboard Invasion
- Keyboard Climber
- Sesame Street Typing Game
- Hamlin Middle School: Keyboarding Games
- Find the Letter
- Dance Mat Typing
- SlimeKids: KeyMan
- Letter Bubbles: Typing Game
- Zombie Typocalypse
- ThinkQuest: Typing Lessons
- Learn Typing: Beginner Typing Modules
- 6th Grade Keyboarding Unit: Skills Assessments and Alternative Independent Practices
- Kenston Local School District: Typing Lessons for Middle Schoolers
- Animated Keyboarding Tutorials
- Peter's Online Typing Course
- Word Games: An Online Typing Test
- Mr Kent's Online Typing Test
- Mrs. Horton's Elementary Keyboarding Resources
- PowerTyping: An Assortment of Lessons, Activities, and Tests for Kids and Adults Alike!
- 7 Proper Keyboarding Techniques
- The Rules and Tools of Proper Keyboarding
- Typing Exercise for the Intermediate User
- The Importance of Good Technique Checklist
- Proper Posture and Ergonomic Tips
- Typing Speed Test
- Keyboarding Tips for the Intermediate Typist
- Test Your 10 Key Skills
- Typing Test for Accuracy and Speed
- Touch Typing Tutorial and Program
- Keyboarding Drills
- Keyboard Symbols and Punctuation Marks
- Touch Typing Training
- Keyboarding Lessons and Practice
- A 5-Minute Typing Practice Test
- Learn to Advance with Good Typing
- Learn, Test, and Compete with 10 Fast Fingers By: Zoe Stauss
|Online Promo codes||Online coupon codes||Online discounts and Offers|
Download our Extension!
Get our Chrome Extension for the easiest way to save online! With the click of a button get coupons directly in your browser.
|Orbitz||The North Face|
|Vista Print||AT&T Wireless|
Get Our Newsletter
Our most popular coupons sent directly to your inbox!